Why will I always be alone?

 My folks came to me for Christmas. My father worked for the whole 45 years of their marriage and my mother was a SAHM. I'm a solitary lady with an everyday work and live alone, so I am accustomed to doing EVERYTHING around the house without anyone else, while working 8-10 hours per day.


  Consistently my father asked my mother what's for supper. Request that she make him some espresso. Would inquire as to whether the clothing was finished. I would request that her what eat there. After supper, he would sit on the couch while she (and I) did the dishes.

  One evening I proposed that he let her plunk down while he cleaned since we didn't eat prepared food - he just disregarded me and she wound up doing the dishes.

  I attempted to tell her that this is uncalled for or wrong - he is holiday, he doesn't work 9 hours every day! He is moving toward retirement and obviously this will proceed. I was so angry with him from the start, however frankly, she helps him, so it's on her as well. To top it all off, she has portability issues, utilizes a stick to walk (she's just 63) and I don't think she has a lot more long stretches of utilitarian versatility. A ton of what she's doing now, she won't have the option to accomplish for significantly longer, and I don't know what Dad thinks will happen when she can't bear upping, not to mention arrive at the clothesline.

No comments:

Post a Comment